COVID-19 Update: We are open. No walks in. By appointment only. Please wear face mask at all time. Please click "HERE" to read more info for our new Safety Guidance and Policy.
1) Go to DOL website to pre-apply and get your confirmation number.
It's Free and saves a trip to DOL office.
2) You will need to study the Washington Driver Guide to pass your Knowledge Test.
3) When you're ready, schedule for the Knowledge Test (KT) fee $30.
4) After you've passed the KT, go to your local DOL office and obtain a WA Instruction Permit ($25 permit fee) If you have a current/valid out-of-country driver license and you have been in US for less than a year, you may skip this step.
6) When you're ready, schedule for the final Drive Test.
$55 with your personal vehicle
or $75 with IDA's vehicle.
7) After successfully passing the Drive Test, go to your local DOL office and they will issue a WA Driver License ($89 licensing fee)
8) Drive responsibly.
If you don’t have a WA license, permit, or ID card, you must pre-apply and:
Pre-applying saves you time! Pre-apply for your first WA driver permit, license, or ID card.
>Click here to register with DOL.
Documents to show proof of identification:
>Click here for a complete list of DOL approved IDs
Documents to show proof of Washington residence:
If you're 18 and over and applying for a standard Washington driver license, identification card, or instruction permit, you have to show a document with your principal residence address.
Follow these steps to prove you live in Washington:
Acceptable documents must:
Note: If you're between the age of 18 and 25, you can use documents in your parent or guardian's name. You'll be asked to show proof of relationship, such as a birth certificate or adoption papers.
If you're using a verification ID letter to prove your identity from the Stand-Alone or A-List above, that can also be used as your proof of residence.
Phone & Text: (425) 524-5995
We are a small business, and during most of our office hours, we are with students on the road. If we missed your call, we apologize in advance.
Please note that we only take appointments by e-mail.
Typically, Drive Tests and Driving lessons will be conducted during the day time. Knowledge Tests will be conducted at noon or after office hours (after 5:30PM).
We would love to accommodate your schedule. If your schedule requires more flexibility, please make an appointment 7 days in advance.
Weekends, holidays, non-office hours and within 24-hour urgent appointment requires additional fee.
Thank you for considering IDA, and we look forward to hearing from you!
It might be difficult to find us the first time. When you're on Bel Red Road, please make the turn on 12505 and we are located in the green building at the back. Follow by the red A-post signs.